Welcome to Sinchu Alhagie Community Radio (Taranga FM) on Frequency Modulation 97.5 MHZ.
This Community Radio was established in 2008 with the aim to serve as a medium to Inform, Educate and Entertain the communities in Kombo North, West Coast Region, the greater Banjul area and the entire Gambia and beyond.
The radio station stands to encourage bi-partisan, multi-cultural, cross ethnic, gender indiscrimination and religious tolerant among other values.
It is the first and only community-base radio station in Kombo North, surrounded by 32 villages, of which it has become a first choice; enticed by our well formulated programs.
Taranga FM has a confirmed stable coverage area of as far as Wassu, Nyamina, Dakar, Binjona, Brikamaba (and Basse is only stable during the night for now), therefore, covering more than 75% of The Gambia and a spillover to neighboring Senegal and Guinea Bissau, thus attracting an audience of over 900,000 listeners.
Taranga FM strives to cater for a diverse audience with emphasis to the local communities. Thus, we have our programs formulated in all local languages (Wollof, Mandinka, Fula, Jola, Serer, Sarahuleh, Manjago, Tukulor, Bambara etc.).
We have programs of Informative, Educative, Entertaining, Social and Religious dimensions in the following platforms.
- News:- Wollof, Mandinka and Fula
- Sports:- with local and international views in English and Wollof.
- Religion:- in almost all local languages and in Islam and Christianity.
- Entertainment:- Ngoyaan, Bantaba, Hahatate, Yobalema, Teymuneeh, Dancehall, R&B, Gambia Rap music, Creole, Breakfast show, Standard vibes, Mbeltuden, Basement, Salsa, Tedungal.
- Social:- Numudemenee, Wareff, Werr Werrleh, Chosan Len Du Moom
- Talk shows:- Mbor-mi, Community Hour, Fans Club Hour, Qcell Hour, Comium Hour, Habatu Sawda, Gambia Family Planning Association, Santayala, Hands On Care, Traditional Healers, Insight Training Centre, Malaria Control, HIV&AIDs etc.
Please check our programs section for detail descriptions of the various programs, including schedule, presenter, language etc.